Makes approximately 6 burgers Ingredients: 800g chicken thigh filletsjuice of 1 lime1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed1/2 tsp dried oregano1tsp salt2tbsp olive oil Smashed avo: 2 avocados,...
Lemon & Poppyseed Sheet Cake
ᛎ Jump to recipe
As a little girl I would go to the shops with mum and we would almost every time get a lemon and poppyseed muffin from muffin break. It really brings back amazing memories. So whilst I have been creating all these different sheet cake flavours, this combo has been on my mind from day dot. I hope you love this as much as I love my muffin memories.
225 grams unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
3 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
3 cups plain all purpose flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup poppyseeds
1 cup whole milk, room temperature
1/4 cup lemon juice
225 grams unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
60mls lemon juice
1/4 cup poppyseeds
- Pre heat oven at 180 degrees fan forced. Grease a 9 X 12 inch sheet pan with baking spray and line with baking paper.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment and cream butter, sugar and lemon zest for 2-3 minutes, until pale and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla beans, and add in the eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a seperate bowl. Add to stand mixer and combine on low speed just until combined, do not over beat. Fold in poppyseeds.
- Combine milk and lemon juice in a measuring cup. Drizzle into stand mixer on low speed until incorporated into batter.
- Pour batter into lined sheet pan and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until skewer comes out clean with no wet batter clinging onto it.
- Allow sheet cake too cool completely on a wire rack prior to icing.
- To make the icing, place butter, icing sugar and lemon juice in a stand mixer with whisk attachment. Whip for approximately 3-4 minutes on medium speed, or until smooth and creamy.
- Add poppyseeds and whisk for a further 1 minute on low speed or until incorporated.
Ice sheet cake with a spatula and cut into desired slices.
Tips and Substitions:
- Keep covered in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Not that it will last that long.
- This cake freezes well for up to 3 months. Cover or package well and thaw in the fridge overnight when wanting to consume.
- Easily replace lemon with orange if you prefer that combo.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx Ingredients: Large handful of mushrooms - diced3 celery stalks - diced500g thigh fillets - small cubes1 large carrot - diced3 cloves of garlic - crushed2 tbsp...
This dish is PERFECT for this warm weather season where you don't want to stand at the stove and slave. It is a no cook sauce and I have to say it is one of the most easy yet delicious meatless Monday dishes I have created..Ingredients: 500g pasta, spaghetti (you can...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.