Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Chicken and Leek Pies
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Large handful of mushrooms – diced
3 celery stalks – diced
500g thigh fillets – small cubes
1 large carrot – diced
3 cloves of garlic – crushed
2 tbsp of butter
1 leek – sliced (white part only)
2 tbsp plain flour
1.5 cups chicken stock
2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup of cream
Small bunch of fresh parsley and thyme – chopped
Olive oil, S&P
- Heat Oil and butter in a deep base pot on medium low, add garlic and leek and sauté till softened
- Add chicken and brown
- Add diced carrots, celery, mushrooms and cook on low with lid on till softened.
- Add flour and cook through on medium heat stirring out taste of flour
- Add chicken stock and S&P and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat to low and cook for approx. 15 with lid off
- Once thickened add cream, mustard and fresh herbs and cook on low for a further 10 min with lid off. Once cooked, allow to cool.
- Stuff pies in pie make or dish and bake accordingly
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.