Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Chicken Burgers with Smashed Avocado
ᛎ Jump to recipe
800g chicken thigh fillets
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2tbsp olive oil
2 avocados, smashed
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1/2 lime juice
1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
6 bread rolls
1 baby cos heart
1 red onion, cut into slices
cheese slices – I used Butterkase but haloumi would be amazing too
2 tomatoes, sliced
375g (usually 6) portabello mushrooms
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
6 slices of haloumi
- Trim any fat from chicken thigh fillets and place into a bowl. Marinade and set aside.
- Prepare your smashed garlic avo, cover and refrigerate. Slice and prepare all your burger fillings in a plate, cover and refrigerate.
- Pre heat oven to 200C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper, place mushrooms on tray, season with S&P a light drizzle with olive oil, shredded cheese, sliced haloumi and a little more olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked.
- Place a non stick pan on medium high heat and grill chicken thigh pieces for approximately 5minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- Assemble burgers. I love smashed garlic avo, chicken, lettuce, tomato, red onion, lettuce & cheese.
- Soak sliced onion in chilled water while you prep to take the bite away, simply drain just before serving.
- Oregano baked potato chips also taste amazing with these burgers.
- If you do not like coriander, just leave/replace with flat leaf parsley.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.