Makes approximately 6 burgers Ingredients: 800g chicken thigh filletsjuice of 1 lime1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed1/2 tsp dried oregano1tsp salt2tbsp olive oil Smashed avo: 2 avocados,...
Beef and Snow Peas Stir Fry
ᛎ Jump to recipe
If you are after a quick and easy mid week dinner then you have to add this to your meal planner or shopping list. Super easy and delicious. Oh and please do not do what I accidentally did and use regular soy sauce rather than light soy, my mouth was burning from the saltiness lol.
- 3/4 cup light sodium soy sauce
- 120 ml cold tap water
- 6 tablespoons mirin
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 500 grams snow peas
- 1/2 cup finely sliced spring onions
- 800 grams eye fillet steak, thinly sliced into approximately 2-3cm strips. Rested for 30min out of fridge.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together light soy sauce, water, mirin, brown sugar, and corn starch. Set aside.
- In a large non stick pan, over medium-high heat, add rice bran oil. Once oil is heated, add cook the beef until mostly cooked through, about 3-4 minutes on each side over two batches. Remove first batch from pan and set aside on a plate. Once all cooked place all the beef in the pan.
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, approximately 1 minute. Add the snow peas and spring onions and cook for about 3 minutes, tossing as it cooks.
- Pour sauce in ensuring heat is still on medium/medium high heat and stir for one minute, stirring and tossing to incorporate everything. Sauce will thicken.
- Serve with white rice.
Tips and Substitions:
- Scotch fillet beef also works a charm.
- Ensure beef is rested prior to grilling to prevent it being tough.
- Other vegetables such as broccoli, capsicum, corn, onions can be incorporated at the same time as the snow peas.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx Ingredients: Large handful of mushrooms - diced3 celery stalks - diced500g thigh fillets - small cubes1 large carrot - diced3 cloves of garlic - crushed2 tbsp...
This dish is PERFECT for this warm weather season where you don't want to stand at the stove and slave. It is a no cook sauce and I have to say it is one of the most easy yet delicious meatless Monday dishes I have created..Ingredients: 500g pasta, spaghetti (you can...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.