Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Almond Amaretti Biscuits
ᛎ Jump to recipe
1kg almond meal
Eight egg whites – room temperature
2 tablespoons baking powder
500 grams caster sugar
3 teaspoons almond extract/essence
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
120 grams almond flakes
Icing sugar to dust
- Pre heat oven to 170 degrees C
- Beat egg whites with a whisk attachment, gradually adding sugar until thick and creamy (don’t over beat it) add your almond extract and vanilla bean paste.
- Combine almond meal & baking powder in a seperate bowl and gradually fold (yeah like you do your clothes) through meringue until incorporated.
- Scoop mixture and roll into little logs (ok not the best term but you get me, mine are bodgy because I let the kids do them so my OCD is a bit defeated) and roll into almonds flakes.
- Place on a lined baking tray and dust with icing sugar. Bake for 13-15minutes until golden kissed – do not over bake them because no one like a hard pellet amaretti biscuit.
Let them cool and devour with a coffee. Keep in an airtight container if they last. Give some to your neighbour because you’re nice like that!
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.