Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a piece of art. Great for freezing batches too.
ᛎ Jump to recipe
1 large red onion, finely diced
2 medium carrots, finely diced
1 cup finely diced celery
1 long red chilli, deseeded & finely diced
50g pancetta, finely diced
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 bay leaves
500g chicken lovey legs or thigh fillets roughly chopped
2 cups medium diced sweet potato
2 cups medium diced white potato
200g sliced button mushrooms
500g corn cobbettes
1/2 cup roughy chopped flat leaf parsley
5g thyme leaves
1 cup of brown rice
2L of chicken stock OR 2L water + 2 tablespoons of chicken stock powder
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon leaves
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In slow cooker, add 2 tablespoons of EVOO and place on low heat brown setting (if your slow cooker does not have sear/browning setting you can do this in a seperate pan/pot or just choose not to brown however favour may be impacted) and sauté onion, carrot, celery and red chilli with lid on, stirring occasionally for 15minutes. The sofritto mix will heighten by doing this.
- Once translucent and soft, add the garlic and bay leaves and cook for a minute until fragrant. Turn heat up to medium high if possible and cook the chicken until sealed, about 3-5 minutes.
- Place potatoes, mushrooms, corn, parsley, thyme, brown rice, stock or water + stock powder, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, tarragon salt and pepper.
- Cook on low setting for 4-6 hours. Serve with some grated parmesan and garlic bread.
- You can replace chicken with slow cut beef such as gravy and cook on low for a longer length of time.
Once soup cooled you can freeze batches for a later date.
- Stock powder and water is a great replacement for store bough stock.
- Other vegetables that can be added are: swede, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage. Anything you like and have at hand that will work with these flavours.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
Makes approximately 6 burgers Ingredients: 800g chicken thigh filletsjuice of 1 lime1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed1/2 tsp dried oregano1tsp salt2tbsp olive oil Smashed avo: 2 avocados,...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.