Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Snake beans & chilli jam mince
ᛎ Jump to recipe
One dish I always order when I go to yum cha is the asian beans and with mince. This is somewhat inspired by that dish but super easy for a quick weeknight meal and the use of chilli jam paste is amazing.
450 grams snake beans
700 grams pork mince
4 cloves or garlic, crushed
1/4 cup chilli jam paste
1 tablespoon grated ginger
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
Rice bran oil
Coriander leaves to garnish
- In a bowl place pork mince, garlic, chilli jam, ginger and oyster sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- Place a large wok or non stick pan on medium with 1 tablespoon of rice bran oil and cook beans for 3 minutes, tossing. Remove and set aside on a large platter.
- In the same wok/pan on medium heat, add in the marinated mince mixture and brown, breaking up any lumps, approximately 5 minutes.
- Once mince cooked through, spoon over snake beans on platter and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with boiled rice.
Tips & Substitutions:
- Replace pork mince with chicken mince.
- Regular green beans would work well if you cannot find snake beans.
- If you would like a non chilli option, omit chilli jam paste.
- You can replace chilli jam paste with 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce or for a sweeter touch ketchup manis (sweet soy sauce)
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.