Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Roast Eggplant with Mozzarella & Herb Relish
ᛎ Jump to recipe
This has to be one of top 5 best side dishes I have made to date. That is a big call from me I have to say. Eggplant is one of the most versatile and most used vegetables in my kitchen. I am also the biggest sucker for baba ghanoush with is a middle eastern dip, so I kind of stemmed this dish from that as well as an Italian addition of mozzarella and a gorgeous herby, tangy dressing to accompany it.
- 3 medium eggplants, sliced in half
- 1 whole fresh mozzarella cheese, torn
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup finest diced green capsicum
- 1/4 cup finely diced spring onion
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1-2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Handful of fresh mint to garnish
- Pre heat oven at 200C fan forced. Line a baking tray.
- Slice eggplants lengthways and make diagonal incisions into flesh, ensuring you don’t pierce through the skin. Place on lined baking tray and season with salt and a generous drizzle of olive oil all over eggplant. Bake flesh down uncovered for 30 minutes, or until soft and cooked through.
- While eggplant is roasting, combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- When eggplant has cooked, allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before scooping flesh out onto a serving plate.
- Drizzle 1/4 of the dressing over the eggplant.
- Layer the eggplant with torn pieces of mozzarella and drizzle the remaining dressing over the top.
- Layer with fresh mint leaves and enjoy.
- Leave chilli out if you do not want added heat to the dish.
- Replace walnuts with toasted pine nuts
- Top with fresh pomegranate
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.