Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Pasta Alla Norma
ᛎ Jump to recipe
On my scale of easy to damn easy I would say damn easy! And turns out Norma wasn’t some Nonna it was the opera and some Italian stud by the name Nino got served this and named it after the opera (thanks Wiki)
I’d love for you to give this recipe a go because everyone polished their plates. Probably not the one Nino was served but it was delicious and easy. A great meatless Monday option.
- 500 grams fusilli pasta (can use whatever shape you like)
- 1 kilogram eggplants – cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 2 X400 ml tins of cherry tomatoes
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 deseeded long red chilli, finely diced (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Pecorino, parmesan or a dollop fresh ricotta to serve
- Pre heat oven at 200C fan forced. In a lined baking tray, toss eggplants with dried Italian herbs, salt, pepper and food glug of olive oil. Bake uncovered tossing it every 10min until cooked and golden (approximately 30minutes). Set aside.
- Bring a seperate large pot of water to the boil. While you are waiting for the water to boil start oil the sauce.
- In deep pot, sauté onion and chilli with some olive oil on medium low heat for approximately 7-10 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in garlic and stir for a minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes, dried oregano, basil leaves and season with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Turn heat down to low and stir through eggplant and simmer with lid on for about 10 minutes while the pasta cooks.
- Salt boiling water well and cook pasta as per packet length, drain and stir through sauce.
- Last but not least pop some pecorino or parmesan on top or a dollop of fresh ricotta.
- Use any shape of pasta you have available or like.
- You could add chicken breast/thigh strips to this dish if you wanted to incorporate protein to the recipe. I would cook it after the garlic.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
© Rossano’s Casa 2022
Busy and need instant dinner inspo?
Subscribe to get a free 5-day done-for-you meal plan including a shopping list: