Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Oporto’s Bondi Burger
ᛎ Jump to recipe
If it is one fast food burger I love it is an Oporto’s Bondi burger, so when I saw Culinary Mary post this recipe I had to make it. I remember thinking “surely this isn’t going to be as good” was I wrong! The chilli sauce was bang on, heck the whole burger was. You guys have no idea how excited I was when I tried this.
- 1 kilo chicken breast steaks.
- 1.5 cups breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Seeded soft milk buns
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Gouda cheese slices
- Creamy whole egg mayonnaise
- 4 large red chilli’s roughly chopped seeds in
- 4 birds eye chilli’s roughly chopped seeds in
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3cm block of ginger
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt
- Another 1/3 cup oil for after cooled
- For the chilli sauce whizz up all the ingredients in a food processor until a paste. Pour into a saucepan and place onto high heat until the paste starts to boil. Then reduce heat onto a low simmer and cook gently until it reduces and thickens. Let it cool completely. Once completely cooled, add a 1/3 cup of oil and stir to loosen up.
- For the chicken, place breast on a cutting board, and hold it flat with the palm of your non-knife hand. Using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces and pound thin. Sprinkle each piece of chicken slice with salt.
- In a seperate bowl mix the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, and pepper together. Coat the chicken in this mix. Pour rice bran oil (enough to shallow fry) in a medium pan on medium high heat. Cook the breast steaks until golden in colour. Transfer onto tray lined with paper towel.
- Cut the milk bun in half and place both pieces on a lined baking tray. On the back of the top bun, spread a layer of mayo then pop a slice of cheese on it. Place under the grill until cheese just melts. To assemble place the bottom bun down. Smooth over another layer of mayo. Then put shredded lettuce. Pop on 2-3 fillets of the chicken. The grab the top bun with cheese and smother over the chilli sauce before topping your burger.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.