Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Middle Eastern San Choy Bow
ᛎ Jump to recipe
I was scrolling social media as you do and someone posted a picture of san chow bow and it had me craving them so much. I didn’t really feel like asian flavours but more so middle eastern, this is when I came up with this amazing creation.
- 500 grams beef mince
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 100 grams mushrooms
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- I-2 baby cos lettuce, leaves washed and separated
- 1-2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (optional)
- 1/4 cup dry toasted pine nuts
- Wash lettuce leaves well, spin and set aside on a large serving platter.
- In a sauté pan, pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sweat off onion and chilli for 3-4 minutes on medium low heat until translucent.
- Stir in garlic for a minute until fragrant.
- Turn heat up to medium high and brown off mince meat, breaking up any lumps.
- Turn heat down to medium and stir in bay leaf with mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes until softened.
- Fold in cumin, all spice, cinnamon, parsley and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Turn heat off and allow to cool slightly, approximately 15minutes.
- Evenly spoon mince mixture into lettuce cups. Drizzle with pomegranate molasses (or fresh pomegranate), pine nuts and fresh mint leaves.
- Replace beef mince with lamb or chicken.
- Fresh pomegranate on top to serve would be amazing.
- Swap pine nuts for walnuts.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
© Rossano’s Casa 2022
Busy and need instant dinner inspo?
Subscribe to get a free 5-day done-for-you meal plan including a shopping list: