Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Butter Bean & Silverbeet Pasta with Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes
ᛎ Jump to recipe
This is the perfect and most delicious meatless Monday pasta dish, you will not regret giving it a go. You could totally add any protein to this such as chicken or some delicious Italian sausage mince. The options are endless and I hope this is a recipe that is on repeat in your homes.
Oh and side note next time I will totally be adding a gorgeous burrata onto this!
500g pasta – spaghetti
1 large brown onion – sliced
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 bunch silverbeet (approximately 6cups) – roughly chopped leaves, finely diced stems
400g tin butter beans – drained and rinsed
400g cherry tomatoes of choice
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 cup grated pecorino
1 lemon (juice of only half, rest to serve)
S&P + olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
chilli flakes to serve (optional)
- Boil pot of water for pasta & pre heat your oven at 200C fan forced.
- While pot of water is boiling, place a deep sauté pan on medium low heat with a good glug of olive oil. Infuse 5-8 fresh bail leaves for a few minutes until fragrant. Take leaves out and set aside.
- On a lined baking tray, place your cherry tomatoes with some salt, drizzle of olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Give it a little toss or jiggle so the tomatoes are evenly coated. Bake for approximately 10-12minutes and set aside.
- Add salt to your pot of boiling water & cook your pasta as per packet time suggestion.
- While the pasta is boiling, add the silverbeet and cook until wilted. Fold through your butter beans, fennel seeds, all the basil leaves and juice of 1/2 a lemon. Season with S&P to your liking.
- Drain your pasta (reserving 1-1.5 ladles of water) & place into your bean & silverbeet mixture with the grated pecorino & 1-1.5 ladles of pasta water and stir on very low heat, thickening up the dish.
- Serve with baked balsamic cherry tomatoes, an extra squeeze of lemon juice and some extra grated pecorino.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.