Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Marry Me Lasagne
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Now you’re probably wondering why did you call this marry me lasagne? Well because this rich, decadent, show stopping yet slightly time consuming lasagne is only ever to be made for someone that is worth the time. Maybe it is your close friends or maybe it is someone you want to impress.
- 425 grams fresh Lasagne sheets
- 300 grams Provolone cheese slices
- 5 cups Kale, washed & roughly chopped
- 1 Leek, white part only, sliced
- 5 cups Basil
- 150 grams Pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 -1/2 cup Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 300mls light Cream
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh Thyme leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup Parmesan
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Place a large sauté pan on low heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté leeks and kale with the lid on for 10-12 minutes until kale and leek has softened. Allow mixture to cool down with the lid off while you prepare the pesto.
- In a food processor, place basil, pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice salt and blitz until smooth.
- Empty the pesto into a large bowl and without cleaning the processor, place sautéed leek, kale and cream and blitz until smooth. Fold into the pesto and set aside.
- For the breadcrumb mixture, toss panko breadcrumbs, thyme, lemon zest, parmesan and olive oil into a bowl, massage together and set aside.
- Pre heat the oven at 180C
- Take a 30cm X 24cm (or roughly to this size) baking tray and lightly spray with olive oil. This will prevent the lasagne from sticking to the dish come washing up time.
- Cover the base of the tray with a thin layer of the pesto sauce, top with one layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat with pesto sauce, one layer of sliced provolone cheese, lasagne sheets, pesto, lasagne sheets, pesto, provolone slices, lasagne sheets and the remainder of pesto. Sprinkle an even layer of the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Allow lasagne to rest for 10-15 minutes prior to serving.
- Slice and enjoy
- To freeze, layer lasagne and cover with baking paper and foil once assembled but do not bake prior to baking. Freeze for up to 3 months. To cook, thaw in the fridge overnight, bake covered for 15 minutes and then a further 10-15minutes on until golden.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.