Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Lemon Caper Chicken
ᛎ Jump to recipe
I’m forever going to be a fan of one pan wonders. I love the ease and minimal washing up. Is it me or do you feel like sometimes when cooking a simple pasta there can be so much washing up? Anyway this is such an easy recipe. It tastes amazing and fresh, super healthy and makes the best left overs. Enjoy xx
1 kilogram Chicken thigh fillets – cut into thirds
2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large brown onion – finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped preserved lemons OR zest of 1 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- 150 grams roast capsicums – sliced
- 100 grams capers
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-5 large desire potatoes – cut into wedges or chunky chip size
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoons smoked paprika
- S&P & olive oil
Pre heat oven to 200C fan forced.
For the Chips: On a lined baking tray, spread out potato wedges/chips and sprinkle with dried Italian herbs, smoked paprika S&P & olive oil. Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes uncovered until cooked. (I bake the chips while I get started on the chicken).
- While chips are baking, marinade chicken with S&P, dried oregano & olive oil and mix well.
- Place a large non stick skillet on medium high heat and brown chicken for 3-4 minutes each side. Remove and set aside on a seperate plate.
- Turn heat down to medium low, add another glug of olive oil in the same pan, and sauté onions until translucent. Stir through garlic for a minute, or until fragrant.
- Add preserved lemons or lemon zest, bay leaves, lemon juice, roast capsicum, herbs and the capers in pan and simmer for 3 minutes on low. Season with pepper.
- Place the chicken back in the pan, lower the heat to low and simmer with the lid on for 7-8 minutes or until chicken cooked through.
Serve with oregano chips and a garden salad.
- Can be served with mash potato or stir through some plain boiled pasta.
- If you do not have preserved lemons, lemon zest will work a treat. Adjust quantity to your tangy liking.
- Chicken breast can be used as well as cuts of chicken with skin such as Maryland.
- If you loathe coriander I am sure you have your top list of herb replacements, however the parsley and thyme is suffice in this recipe, feel free to add some more.
- To add heat to this dish, 1 red chilli can be added at the same time as sautéing the onion.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.