Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Italian Sausage & Bean Soup
ᛎ Jump to recipe
This is another winter warmer soup. I do make this is the slow cooker (surprise surprise) but it can easily be done on the stove top. I am all about wholesome delicious soups in winter.
6 Italian pork and fennel sausage, taken out of casings (you can use whatever sausages but use good quality sausages)
1L chicken stock
1 leek, white part, sliced
1 medium brown onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 medium carrots, finely diced
4 celery battons, finely diced
2 medium potatoes, finely diced
1/2 red capsicum, finely diced
1 tomato, diced
5 button mushrooms, diced
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
Handful of fresh thyme
1 can of four bean bean mix, drained and rinsed well
- Sauté leek and onion with some olive oil until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1minute until fragrant.
- Add sausage mince and brown breaking up any lumps, roughly.
- Add in all other ingredients, season with black pepper and cook on low for 4-6hours. (please do not add salt as the sausages add enough salt to the soup).
- If cooking on stove top. Follow same steps but cook on low with lid on for approx 1-1.5hours
- I often add 1/2 cup of brown rice or risoni into the soup , if so I would recommend adding an extra 500ml of stock.
- You can use any sausage flavor you like, chorizo taste amazing in this soup as well.
- Feel free to add or change vegetables to your preference.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.