Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
ᛎ Jump to recipe
500g Fettuccine or pasta of your choice
6-8 shallots/spring onions – sliced (depending on thickness)
Small punnet of mushrooms – sliced
1 large brown onion – diced
4 cloves of garlic – crushed
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup diced pancetta/bacon
1/2 Bunch of fresh continental parsley – chopped
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In a deep, thick bottom pan sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent on medium low heat. Add in sliced mushrooms.
- Add pancetta/bacon on medium heat until cooked. Add and sauté mushrooms until they are golden.
- In a separate pot, bring water to boil, then add a generous amount of salt and cook pasta to required time.
- Back to the sauce – add nutmeg, cream, shallots, S&P and 1/2 Cup of salted pasta water. (make sure to taste prior to adding salt)
- Add Parsley and parmesan and stir through then pop the lid on and turn the heat down to low and simmer till pasta is cooked.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to sauce.
- Served amazingly wth a rocket, pear, walnut and parmesan salad.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.