Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
ᛎ Jump to recipe
- 500g Fettuccine or pasta of your choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large brown onion – diced
- 3 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 cup diced pancetta/bacon
- 1/2 cup finely diced spring onion
- 200 grams white mushrooms – sliced
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 300ml light cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to tasting)
- grated parmesan cheese to serve
- Place a large pot of water to boil while we prepare the sauce.
- In a deep, thick bottom pan sauté onion with olive oil until translucent on medium low heat. Stir in garlic for a minute, until fragrant.
- Turn heat up to medium and brown off bacon. I don’t stir it too much as this helps crisp it up.
- Season water you have boiled with salt and cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Back to the sauce, fold in sliced mushrooms and spring onion for a couple of minutes followed by ground nutmeg.
- Turn heat to low and stir in cream, parsley, pepper and taste prior to seasoning with salt as the bacon is salty and it may not need.
- Add 1/2 a ladle of pasta water to sauce and stir through. Drain the remainder of pasta and fold into the sauce ensuring it is all evenly coated.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
- Replace bacon with pancetta.
- Pairs delcious with a classic rocket, parmesan, walnut & pear salad.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.