Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Easy Potato and Leek Soup
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Winter is in full swing and that means soup season. I could do a whole series on soups. I usually make a pot of soup once a week to have on standby in the fridge ready to warm up during the week. This potato and leek soup is not only easy but so delicious. I totally get how some people may hate creamy soups (I see you men) but pair this with some garlic bread, crispy pancetta or a cheese and herb loaf you will love it.
1 kilograms Desiree potatoes, peeled and cubed into quarters
50 grams salted butter
2 leeks (white part only) sliced
2 bay leaves
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves OR 1/3 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
300mls cooking cream
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1-2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place a large heavy Bottom pot on medium low heat. Add olive oil, butter. When butter has melted add leeks, bay leaves and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes until leek has slightly softened.
- Add potatoes, thyme/parsley, and stock. Season with salt and pepper and bring up to a gentle boil. Lower heat to low and simmer for approximately 20minutes or until potatoes have cooked through.
- Remove bay leaves from the soup and add in cream. Blitz until smooth in either a blender or use an emulsifier/stick blender.
Tips & Substitutions:
- Serve with garlic bread, cheese and herb bread, patzzizi.
- Pan fried cubed pancetta also tastes amazing with this soup.
- Cream can be substituted with coconut cream for a non dairy option.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.