Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Curry Coconut Pumpkin Soup
ᛎ Jump to recipe
1 butternut pumpkin, roughly cubed
1 leek – white part, diced
3 medium/large potatoes – roughly diced
6 cloves of garlic, 3 peeled & 3 crushed
2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
1tsp traditional curry powder
1 tin (400ml) coconut cream
1 large red onion, roughly chopped
1L chicken/vegetable stock
S&P, olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees, line a baking tray and place cubed pumpkin, carrots and 3 cloves of garlic. Season with S&P and drizzle some olive oil.
- Cover and bake for roughly 20min and then uncovered for approx. 15min. This should be soft and slightly caramelized not too brown or crispy so keep an eye on it.
- In a deep base pot add some olive oil and sauté on medium low heat your red onion, leek, 3 cloves of crushed garlic until slightly softened. Add curry powder and incorporate.
- Add in your roasted pumpkin, carrots, garlic and cubed raw potatoes. Top with stock, season, and bring to the boil. Once brought to the boil turn heat down to low, place lid on and simmer until potatoes cooked (approx. 15min)
- Once cooked remove pot from heat, add coconut cream and blitz smooth with a stick blender.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.