Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Conchiglioni with Beef Short Rib Ragu
ᛎ Jump to recipe
If there was ever a pasta that you wanted to impress your guests then this is the one. It is a little bit of a labour of love but you can always make the ragu ahead of time to make your life easier. The beef is melt in the mouth and the lemon crispy cheesy crumb was to die for.
Short Rib Ragu:
- 500 grams conchiglioni (large pasta shells)
- 1.5 kilograms beef short ribs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 4-5 garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups red Shiraz wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 400 grams tinned cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & cracked black pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated provolone
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Small handful of thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven at 160C
- Heat oil in a large cast iron pot over high heat. Brown half the beef short ribs sprinkling salt and pepper over them for 5 – 7 min. Remove and repeat with remaining ribs, then remove.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add onion, celery, carrot, and bay leaves into the same pot and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and stir for a minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine, stock, tinned tomatoes, thyme, and parsley.
- Return short ribs into pot with liquid, arranging them so they are submerged.
- Place lid on the pot and transfer to oven for 3 hours, or until the meat is buttery soft.
- Remove bones off beef short ribs and shred meat and place back in the sauce. Boil a pot of water and salt.
- Boil conchiglioni as per packet time instruction and drain. Toss pasta through shredded meat and transfer into an oven baked tray.
- Turn oven and grill on at 200C
- For the breadcrumbs: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and toss well. Sprinkle over pasta and bake uncovered in the oven on the middle rack for 10-15minutes or until breadcrumbs golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Other cuts of beef that can be used are; gravy, chuck or blade.
- If you do not want to make this as a bake you can simply use any pasta of choice and toss through.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.