Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Chicken Caesar Salad
ᛎ Jump to recipe
I love this salad sooooo much. It hits all the spots when you want the freshness of a salad but one that satisfies you. So for me bacon and grilled chicken is not an option, it is a must BUT it is entirely up to you whether you would like to add these or not. I hope you love it as much as I do. This dressing is bang on.
- X2 baby cos lettuce, roughly chopped in 2 inch chunks
- 200 grams bacon rashers, finely diced (optional)
- 2 chicken breast fillets (optional)
- 2 slices of sourdough bread OR store bought croutons
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 anchovy fillets
- fresh black pepper to taste
- ½ cup light olive oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Marinade chicken breast with 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs, olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill on a non stick pan on medium heat for 3-5 minutes each side. Remove and set aside to rest. Slice once rested.
- In the same pan cook diced bacon for 3-4 minutes on medium heat or until golden. Set aside
- Pre heat oven to 200C fan forced. Tear sourdough on a lined baking tray. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of dried Italian herbs evenly over bread pieces and drizzle olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Place chopped lettuce on a large salad platter/bowl. Scatter bacon, croutons, sliced chicken, dressing and parmesan flakes.
- Boiled eggs can be added.
- Smoked Salmon is a great substitute for grilled chicken for a non meat option.
- Dressing keeps well in fridge in and airtight jar/container for 2-3days if you wish to prepare it in advance.
- Pre packaged croutons work well if you do not wish to make them yourself.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
© Rossano’s Casa 2022
Busy and need instant dinner inspo?
Subscribe to get a free 5-day done-for-you meal plan including a shopping list: