Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Chicken and Leek Filo Pie
ᛎ Jump to recipe
This is the BEST chicken and leek pie filling and you can’t change my mind.
I usually make this mix and fill it in individual pies BUT I thought why not make it that much easier and transform it into a one pan dish… This is how the Filo pie came to life.
1kg chicken thigh fillets – cut into cubes
1 leek – white part, sliced
1 large carrot – finely diced
3 batons celery – finely diced
handful of button mushrooms – diced
3-4 cloves of garlic – crushed
3 tbsp salted butter
3tbsp, plain flour
1 cup chicken stock
2tsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup cream
small handful of fresh parsley & thyme
S&P + olive oil
1packet of filo pastry
100g salted butter – melted
1tbsp Nigella seeds (or poppyseed/sesame)
- Heat Oil and butter in a sauté pan (cast iron is great) on medium low, add leek and sauté till softened
- Turn heat to medium high and brown chicken
- Reduce heat to low & stir through garlic, carrots, celery, mushrooms and cook on low with lid on till softened
- Add flour and cook through on medium heat stirring out taste of flour. Pour in stock and season, bringing it to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for approx. 15minutes with lid off
- Once thickened add cream, mustard and fresh herbs and cook on low for a further 10 min with lid off
- Allow too cool slightly
- Pre heat oven at 200C fan forced. Take a sheet of filo pastry and butter, add another sheet of pastry and butter again. Scrunch and pop on top of pie mix and repeat with whole packet of filo until pie is covered. brush with any left over butter & sprinkle with Nigella (or choice of seeds) and bake for approximately 15-20minutes until golden kissed.
- Allow to rest for 10-15minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
© Rossano’s Casa 2022
Busy and need instant dinner inspo?
Subscribe to get a free 5-day done-for-you meal plan including a shopping list: