Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Cheese & Herb Loaf
ᛎ Jump to recipe
This is a dream loaf. One that hits that savoury spot a treat, breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea….
Corn flavour from the polenta, saltiness from the olives and feta, sharpness from the vintage cheese, and freshness from the herbs.
I hope you love this as much as I do…
200g Self Raising flour
160g Sharp vintage cheese or cheddar – shredded
100g Greek feta – roughly crumbed
1/2 cup kalamata or green Sicilian olives
1tsp baking powder
4 tbsp olive oil
1 cup fresh herbs – roughly chopped (variety of choice, I love parsley, thyme, dill, oregano & basil)
Small pinch of salt and cracked black pepper to liking
- Pre heat oven to 180C fan forced
- Whisk wet ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- Sift flour and baking powder. Add polenta, cheeses, olives and incorporate
- Fold in wet ingredients making sure mixture is well incorporated
- Pour into a lined bread tin (10inchX5inch) and bake for approximately 45minutes, or until cooked through
- Allow to cool in pan for 15minutes prior to removing and slicing
- Slice and enjoy warm or chilled (I love it warm). Keeps well in an airtight container for 5 days. Freezes well for up to a month in an airtight container, simply defrost in fridge overnight
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.