Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Carrot Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Classic carrot cake never looked this amazing and easy to make. I love carrot cake for the spices as well as the amazing cream cheese icing. I made this recipe as simple as I could so that you could have this cake ready in as littler time and effort as needed. I mean we all need a slice of cake pronto.
Carrot Sheet Cake:
- 1 cup rice bran oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups finely grated carrots (approximately 3 large carrots)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb/baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped Walnuts
Cream cheese Icing:
- 250 grams cream cheese, room temp
- 100 grams Unsalted butter, room temp
- Vanilla bean paste
- 2 1/3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Lemon zest
- Crushed walnuts for decor
- Grease your 9 X 12 inch sheet pan with baking spray and line with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl add the oil, brown sugar, vanilla bean paste, eggs, milk, and carrots and mix for a minute either with a spatula or stand mixer on low with a whisk attachment.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda/bicarb soda, salt, ground cinnamon and mixed spice.
- Gradually fold in the dry mixture into the wet mixture along with the chopped walnuts either with a spatula or in a stand mixer on low speed with a paddle attachment until just incorporated. Do not over beat.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing simply whip the cream cheese and butter in a stand mixer on high speed for 1 minute to make it nice and fluffy. Add in the sifted icing sugar, vanilla bean paste, and lemon zest and whip on low speed until incorporated.
- Remove sheet cake from pan and place on a large board. Lather on the icing and spread evenly. Top with some finely chopped walnuts, slice into desired portions and enjoy.
- Keep in a covered airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, not that it will last that long.
- If you like the additions of raisins, feel free to fold 1/2 a cup of them right after you have folded in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
© Rossano’s Casa 2022
Busy and need instant dinner inspo?
Subscribe to get a free 5-day done-for-you meal plan including a shopping list: