Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Butterscotch Sheet Cake with Mascarpone Icing
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Growing up a quick desert was mum grabbing a good old Sara Lee sheet cake and I would be lying if I said they tasted bad. I thought I would draw some of that nostalgia and create a sheet cake of my own that hits the same spot. This was going to have a plain icing but I can’t go past mascarpone in desert.
Butterscotch Sheet Cake:
- 250 grams unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups whole/full cream milk – room temperature
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 2 1/3 cups icing sugar
- 200mls (1 cup) thickened cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Grease your 9 X 12 inch sheet pan with baking spray and line with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat together the butter and dark brown sugar until fluffy. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla beans, and add in the eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stream in the milk, beating until just combined.
- Pour you batter into the lined lined sheet pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool completely prior to icing.
- To make icing, Sift icing sugar and cocoa in a stand mixer with whisk attachment (or a large bowl if using hand held beaters). Add mascarpone and cream. Whisk for 3-4 minutes on medium speed or until incorporated and whipped.
- Remove sheet cake from pan and place on a large platter/board. Pour icing over the top of cake and evenly spread. Slice into desired sizes.
- Keep in a covered airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, not that it will last that long.
- For a non chocolate topping leave out cocoa
- If you are not a fan of mascarpone simply replace it with cream cheese
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.