Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Beef Pad See Ew
ᛎ Jump to recipe
My guilty pressure is beef pad see ew. Hands down if you go out with me to a restaurant and this is on the menu, you bet I will be ordering it. Now I am no pro asian chef BUT I have to say for a home made version this is amazing! This bloody recipe took me way too many attempts I would like to admit to nailing but we finally got there in the end and now you guys can make it without having to go through the hardship like I did.
- 500g beef scotch fillet, super thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 375g flat dry rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon Rice bran oil.
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 6 spring onions, cut in 5cm batons
- 3 cups largely chopped Chinese broccoli
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
Stir Fry Marinade:
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup manis
- 3 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- In a medium bowl combine beef marinade and whisk well. Soak the beef strips in the marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Combine stir fry marinade in a small bowl, whisk and set aside. Use this time to chop and prepare all your ingredients and Bring a large pot of water to the boil. You want to time cooking the noodles so they will be done at the same time as the time it takes to cook the stir fry. Drain noodles before adding to the stir fry but do not leave them lying around while you cook your stir fry, they will break apart.
- Heat a large wok or non stick pan on medium high heat with 1 tablespoon of rice bran oil and add beef and toss for 3 minutes. Add onions and spring onions and stems of Chinese broccoli and stir for a couple of minutes. Add and Chinese broccoli leaves and cook for a minute until leaves have slightly softened.
- Make a well in the centre of the pan and crack your eggs in the centre. Whisk and toss through.
- Remove from the pan/wok.
- Add in the cooked and drained noodles with the stir fry marinade and toss until noodles evenly coated.
- Add chives and return the stir fry back to the pan and stir through the noodles.
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds and optional chilli oil.
Tips & Substitutions:
- For a vegetarian option leave beef out. As for the marinade, combine ingredients minus the cornflour and simply pour over stir fry at the end of the cooking process.
- Dry rice noodles can be soaked overnight in cold water. Soaking rice noodles avoids them from collapsing and breaking apart when cooked in a stir fry.
- Fresh flat rice noodles also works and you will not have to soak them. These can be found in most asian grocer stores.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.