Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Hands up for all the people that have weekly ripe bananas that sit there staring at you with every hope they will be saved and used in a glorious loaf of banana bread?
This is your sign to make a loaf of banana bread that is so delicious that one of my followers renamed it Houdini bread because it vanishes in 24 hours.
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup rice bran oil (or canola/vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre heat oven at 170C fan forced. Butter and line a 26.5cm x 13.5cm bread loaf tin
- In a large bowl combine all the wet ingredients (eggs, mashed bananas, vanilla bean paste and oil) and whisk/stir well, you could definitely do this in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment however I do this all by hand.
- Add to the wet ingredients the ground cinnamon, brown sugar, almond meal, salt, and sifted flour and baking powder.
- Fold the dry ingredients until all ingredients are incorporated. You could whisk this for one minute on low.
- Pour into the lined baking tin and gently tap out any air bubbles.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until loaf cooked through.
- Allow to cool, slice and enjoy with a cup of coffee.
Tips and Substitions:
- If you have a nut allergy, replace almond meal with more plain flour
- You can add 1/2 cup of choc chips.
- Addition of crushed nuts such as walnuts works amazing. Add 1/4 cup of crushed nuts at the same tip as the dry ingredients.
- For a gluten free option substitute plain flour for plain gluten free flour or rice flour.
- Loaf can be sliced and frozen for up to 3 months.
- Don’t forget to apply a layer of baking paper in between slices prior to freezing to avoid them from freezing together.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.