Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Apricot Chicken (Moroccan Style)
ᛎ Jump to recipe
This is not your typical apricot chicken that comes to mind. You know, that jar of sauce that looks like jam. Yeah no, it is a Moroccan inspired style apricot chicken that has beautiful spices, tomato, onion and dried apricots and currents.
- 5-6 skin on chicken thigh cutlets
- 2 red onions – cut in wings
- 3 large tomatoes – roughly chopped
- 225g soft and juicy dried apricots
- 1/3 cup currents
- 5 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1/2tsp turmeric ground
- 1/2tsp ground cumin
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 200C degrees
- In a bowl marinade chicken with garlic, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and a glug of olive oil and mix well. Set aside.
- In a deep large lined baking tray place sliced onions, diced tomatoes, apricots and currents with a drizzle of olive oil and toss. Place chicken on top, skin side up.
- Place uncovered in oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until chicken cooked through.
- Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Chicken can be marinated ahead of time and places in an airtight container in the fridge overnight. This is great if you are wanting to be organised when hosting or a mid week meal.
- Other cuts of chicken include drumsticks and thigh fillets.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.