Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Thai Inspired Satay Chicken
ᛎ Jump to recipe
I love a good satay sauce, but not that overly creamy style that literally tastes like melted peanut butter. I love it fresh, creamy but also with a slight sour and chilli hit. This recipe was actually going to be in my cookbook but I decided to share it with you all here on the blog because I had so many of you reach out to me and ask me to please share it. So you’re welcome here it is.
1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
400mL coconut cream
4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (approximately 1 lime)
6 tablespoons neutral oil (rice bran/peanut)
3 tablespoon soy sauce
4 tablespoons brown sugar
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 inch square fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes (optional)
1/2 cup fresh coriander (reserve some leaves for plating)
700 grams chicken thigh fillets, cut into 5cm X 2cm strips
4 cups mixed stir fry vegetables of choice (see Tip 1 for suggestions)
2 cups chopped Choy Sum, cut in 6cm pieces
5 springs of spring onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 cup boiled rice
Fresh rice noodles – cook as per packet instructions and toss through stir fry at the end
- Place all satay sauce ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Set aside. If serving stir fry with boiled rice, cook your rice at this stage of the cooking process.
- For the stir fry, season sliced chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large deep non stick pan or wok on high heat. Cook all chicken for 3-5 minutes with no oil until slightly golden. Toss through mixed stir fry vegetables with the chicken and cook for approximately 3 minutes, continuously stirring.
- Turn heat down to medium, stir in choy sum, spring onions and pour in satay sauce making sure all ingredients are evenly coated. Simmer on low heat for 3 minutes. If incorporating rice noodles, add them in at this point ensuring you have prepared them as per packet instructions. Alternatively serve with boiled rice.
- Vegetables that work amazing in this stir fry include; broccoli florets, sliced capsicum, julienne carrot, trimmed green beans, snow peas, fresh or tinned baby corn spears (if tinned, drain and cut in half), mushrooms, cauliflower florets.
- For a vegetarian option, replace chicken with firm tofu. Cut into large 5cm X 3cm chunks and pan grill as you would the chicken in the recipe method.
- Other substitutes for chicken thigh are: prawns, chicken breast (be careful not to over grill to avoid them being dry), beef such as sliced rump.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.