Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Thai Ginger Chicken Salad
ᛎ Jump to recipe
I stumbled on a variation of this recipe in a super old Donna Hay cookbook and of course in my true style I completely changed it lol. This is such a gorgeous dish to serve up for something light and healthy. It really reminds me of san chow bow which I adore.
- 500 grams chicken mince
- 1/3 cup finely chopped coriander – seperate stems to leaves
- 1/3 cup diced spring onions
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 baby cos, washed and leaves separated
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1/2-1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1-2 lime cup into wedges to serve
- Place a medium non stick pan on medium low heat. Add a drizzle of neutral oil to the pan
- Sauté coriander stems, spring onions, chilli and ginger for a couple of minutes until slightly softened and fragrant.
- Stir in garlic for a minute.
- Add chicken mince, turn heat up to medium high and brown off, breaking up any lumps. Season with ground white pepper.
- In a seperate small bowl mix together sauce ingredients ( brown sugar, lime juice and fish sauce)
- Pour sauce into mince mixture and evenly toss through.
- Turn heat off and allow to slightly cool.
- Grab a large platter and place lettuce leaves evenly over the base. Add mince mixture and layer with capsicum strips, mint and coriander leaves, and serve with extra lime wedges
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.