Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Spinach and Feta Gözleme
ᛎ Jump to recipe
If you live in Sydney (and probably other states in Oz) you probably have been to markets, fairs/events and had a gözleme. They are the BEST! These savoury Turkish stuffed flat bread fold overs are so delicious and I thought I would make a super easy and delicious version for you guys to make at home.
- 4 cups all-purpose plain flour
- 2 cups natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups finely chopped spinach. You can use baby/English/silverbeet spinach
- 1/2 cup finely diced spring onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme/lemon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 300 grams Greek feta, crumbled
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer with dough hook, add the plain flour and greek yoghurt and mix well until dough is formed. Form into a ball, cover and set aside. I find allowing this dough to rest to room temperature allows the dough to roll out easier and tastes softer once cooked.
- In a seperate large bowl combine all filling ingredients; spinach, spring onions, parsley, thyme, sumac, pepper and feta.
- Once dough has rested, portion into 4 equal pieces. Lightly dust your work bench with some flour and roll a portion of dough into a large rectangle, as thin as possible.
- Place some spinach and feta mixture on half the dough and fold the dough over, pressing the edges to lightly seal.
- Place a large non stick pan on medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of rice bran oil. Grill gözleme for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remainder of the dough portions.
- Remove from the pan and slice into desired pieces. Serve with fresh lemon wedges and pickled chilli peppers.
Tips and Substitions:
- For a gluten free option substitute plain flour for plain gluten free flour.
- For a dairy free option use lactose free plain yoghurt or coconut yoghurt, bare in mind texture and flavour won’t be identical.
- Other filings can be spiced mince beef/lamb, shredded chicken with spiced and veg.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.