Makes approximately 6 burgers Ingredients: 800g chicken thigh filletsjuice of 1 lime1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed1/2 tsp dried oregano1tsp salt2tbsp olive oil Smashed avo: 2 avocados,...
Slow Cooked Coconut Beef Curry
ᛎ Jump to recipe
1kg gravy beef. – cut into approximately 4-5cm chunks (If you can get this from a butcher the quality is far better than supermarket quality)
1 tin (400ml) coconut cream
1 large brown onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1tsp traditional curry powder
2 tsp Malaysian curry powder (I use the *Ayams brand that comes in a tin found in asian or Indian grocers. Other brands are fine)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander or crushed coriander seeds
2 tbsp fresh ginger – finely diced
1 long red chilli, de seeded and finely diced, Plus extra for serving optional.
2 tsp brown sugar
1 lime, zest and juice
Salt & peper
1/2 bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
6 shallots/spring onions, sliced
2 tbsp cornflour, dissolved in 4-5 tbsp cold water (no need till the last hour of cooking)
Slow Cooker Method:
- In a bowl (or slow cooker insert if it can be placed in fridge) place brown onion, garlic, curry powders, ginger, chilli, brown sugar, lime zest and juice, cumin, ground/crushed seeded coriander, salt & pepper with coconut cream. Stir to combine, place gravy beef into marinate and stir until coated. Please allow to marinate for at least 4hours but best overnight.
- Once taken out of fridge allow to sit for 45min and then place into slow cooker and cook for 4-6 hours on low.
- In the last hour of cooking, dissolve cornflour in cold water in a separate cup and stir through curry.
- In the last 30minutes add the fresh coriander and shallots and season with salt and pepper again to taste as sometimes the slow cooker can deplete the taste of salt in the cooking process. You can add extra fresh chili if you would like the extra heat.
- Every slow cooker cooks differently. You want the gravy beef to be tender but not mush. I would suggest cooking it to the setting you find best to achieve this according to your experience with your slower cooker. Mine is perfect at 4hours low but others suggest 6hours low. Please avoid cooking it on high setting if possible.
- If you have some extra veggies you would like to add to the curry please do so. Some I can suggest are broccoli, green beans, snow peas (I would add this in the last 60-30 minutes of cook time) or cubed potato, pumpkin, sweet potato (add this at the start of the cooking process)
- Serve with some boiled rice and greek yoghurt combined with fresh or dried mint, lemon juice & salt.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
Chicken and Leek Pies
Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx Ingredients: Large handful of mushrooms - diced3 celery stalks - diced500g thigh fillets - small cubes1 large carrot - diced3 cloves of garlic - crushed2 tbsp...
Lemon and Ricotta Pasta
This dish is PERFECT for this warm weather season where you don't want to stand at the stove and slave. It is a no cook sauce and I have to say it is one of the most easy yet delicious meatless Monday dishes I have created..Ingredients: 500g pasta, spaghetti (you can...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
© Rossano’s Casa 2022
Busy and need instant dinner inspo?
Subscribe to get a free 5-day done-for-you meal plan including a shopping list: