Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Salmon with Mango Rice
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Mango and fish you say? I thought I would play around with these flavours and see if they worked before I shared this recipe and I must say that is was the most delicious umami of flavour in a bowl. I remember sitting on the dinner table and my Italian husband looking at this saying “you gotta be kidding right?” Next minute he was serving himself a second plate. Go on then…
- 4 salmon fillets
- 250 grams microwave brown rice pouch
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mango cubes
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup green capsicum
- 1 lime, cut into wedges to serve
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup finely diced spring onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 long red chilli, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil (or a neutral oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Pre heat oven at 200C fan forced
- In a small bowl combine ingredients for dressing.
- Place salmon fillets on a lined baking tray and drizzle 1/4 of the dressing mixture over fillets.
- Bake salmon fillets uncovered for 13-15 minutes.
- Microwave brown rice as per packet instructions and pour into a salad/mixing bowl. Allow to cool for 5 minutes prior to adding mango, cucumber and capsicum.
- Pour in remainder of dressing to the rice mixture and toss well until evenly coated.
- Serve with salmon in a bowl with an extra wedge of fresh lime and coriander leaves.
- Other fish options could be snapper or basa fillets.
- If you do not like mango or fruit in the dish simply leave out or replace with other vegetables such as edamame, cooked broccoli, cauliflower, carrots etc.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
© Rossano’s Casa 2022
Busy and need instant dinner inspo?
Subscribe to get a free 5-day done-for-you meal plan including a shopping list: