Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
One Tray Bake Sauce
ᛎ Jump to recipe
It is tomato season here and my parents garden has a massive outburst of fresh tomatoes.
I have been using them in everything but one thing I always do is make a batch of my one tray sauce bake which I portion out and freeze for later dates.
This is perfect for those busy nights where you can defrost, heat and stir through pasta, meatballs, lasagne, casseroles.
- 3 kilograms of any ripe tomatoes (roughly chop if they are large)
- 1 cup of fresh mixed herbs – basil, parsley, oregano, thyme
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- good glug of olive oil
- Pre heat oven at 200C
- Add all ingredients to a large baking tray.
- Mix well.
- Cover with lid/foil
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes – 1 hour until soft all ingredients are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly and then blitz with stick blender or food processor.
- Portion and freeze for up to 3 months.
- This is perfect for those busy nights where you can defrost, heat and stir through pasta, meatballs, lasagne, casseroles.
- Other ingredients you can add to this is diced red capsicum, chilli, carrots, celery.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.