Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
One pot Creamy Mushroom & Spinach Orzo
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Another cracker of a one pot wonder because why not. This is the perfect quick and easy meal the whole house should love to gather and eat. Oh and I might add another fab meatless Monday dish.
2 cups orzo
1 large brown onion, sliced
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
200 grams button mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
Zest of 1 lemon
2.5 cups chicken stock
1/3 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
300mls light cooking cream
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
120 grams baby spinach leaves
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1-2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place a large deep heavy bottom pan on medium low heat. Add olive oil, and sauté onions for 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in garlic and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and stir for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and add the orzo, thyme and lemon zest and stir for a minute, toasting off the orzo.
- Pour in the chicken stock and fresh parsley and stir the orzo uncovered occasionally for 10 minutes, ensuring it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the cream and stir on low uncovered for a further 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and Fold in the baby spinach and parmesan.
Tips & Substitutions:
- For a dairy free option, leave grated parmesan out and replace cream with more chicken stock.
- Grilled lamb cutlets pairs beautiful with this dish.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.