Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
One Pan Lemongrass Chicken With Coconut Rice
ᛎ Jump to recipe
One thing I love that the Thai’s do is coconut rice! So I thought how can I make a recipe easy by being a one pan wonder as well as delicious. You are definitely going to want to try this, it really is such a gorgeous dish with bold but beautiful flavours that sing and dance together.
1.2 kilograms chicken thigh fillets – skin on is best
3 tablespoons sliced lemongrass – white part only
1 long red chilli, finely diced
1/3 cup finely chopped spring onion
2 tablespoons Brown sugar
2 tablespoons Fish sauce
4 tablespoons Soy sauce
1/3 cup Coriander stems and leaves
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon grated Ginger
Juice of 1 Lime juice
2 cups of Jasmin rice, rinsed well
400ml coconut milk
1.5 cups of water
1 teaspoon salt
2 kaffir lime leaves
1/4 cup coriander leaves
- In a large bowl, combine lemongrass ingredients a mix well.
- Add chicken to the lemongrass marinade bowl and cover with cling wrap. For best results marinade in the fridge overnight, otherwise for a minimum of 1 hour. Prior to grilling ensure chicken has been taken out of the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre heat oven at 200C fan forced. Rinse your rice well under cold water until water streams clear. Soak rice in a bowl of cold water for 15minutes.
- While rice is soaking place a large deep cast iron skillet or non stick pan on medium high heat. Sear the chicken pieces skin side down for 5-6 minutes each side and set aside on a plate. Turn cooktop off.
- Drain your soaked rice and place into the same skillet/pan along with coconut milk and water. Scrunch the kaffir leave with you hand and place in the pan with salt and coriander leaves and stir for a minute to incorporate.
- Return the chicken pieces skin side up to the pan, evenly coating the rice. Pour over any remaining marinade over chicken pieces. Place lid or foil on pan and cook in the oven covered for 40minutes. Bake for a further 15 minutes uncovered.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes prior to serving.
Tips & Substitutions:
- If you cannot find chicken with skin on, regular thigh fillets are fine. Alternately chicken drumsticks would work.
- For best flavour, marinade chicken overnight in a bowl or large zip lock bag.
- Ensure chicken has been taken out of fridge for 30 minutes prior to grilling so meat does not toughen.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
Great flavourful recipe - can't go wrong
Loved this recipe, I saw a similar version on bon appetite instagram and mashed the two by added a chopped tomato, cucumber salad with lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chilli which is a lovely fresh compliment to the tasty rice and soft yummy chicken.
It makes a lot and so satisfying for left overs (dependent on how many you’re feeding).
Response from Dinner ideas for foodies
So glad you loved it. I love the additions you incorporated ☺️