Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Gözleme reminds me of my early days going to Kirribilli markets selling my pre loved clothes and having a gözleme for lunch. I have to say my go too order was always a spinach and feta one BUT this lamb mixture is sensational. Now do not come at me for saying this but I am not generally a massive lamb mince lover, I know how unaustralian of me but this won the whole house over. I hope you love it as much as we did.
3 cups plain all purpose flour
1.5 cups natural Greek yoghurt
1 teaspoon salt
500 grams lamb mince
1 large brown onion, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 long red chilli, finely diced (optional)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon all spice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
100 grams white mushrooms, finely diced
1 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
200 grams Greek feta
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer with dough hook, add the plain flour and greek yoghurt and salt mix well until dough is formed. Form into a ball, cover bowl or dough with cling wrap and set aside. I find allowing this dough to rest to room temperature allows the dough to roll out easier and tastes softer once cooked.
- To make the filling, place a large pan on medium low heat. Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and cook onion until translucent.
- Stir in garlic and chilli for 1 minute, until fragrant.
Turn heat to medium/medium high and brown minced lamb, breaking up any lumps.
- Stir in ground cumin, paprika, all spice, salt & pepper and stir through mince until incorporated.
Fold in mushrooms, spinach and parsley and cook on medium low for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Once dough has rested, portion into 3 equal pieces. Lightly dust your work bench with some flour and roll a portion of dough into a large rectangle, as thin as possible.
- Place filling mixture on half the dough, crumble some feta over the mince and fold the dough over, pressing down the edges to seal.
- Place a large non stick pan on medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of rice bran oil. Grill gözleme for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Repeat with the remainder of the dough portions.
- Remove from the pan and slice into desired pieces. Serve with fresh lemon wedges and pickled chilli peppers.
Tips and Substitions:
- Lamb mince can be replaced with beef or chicken mince.
- Other vegetables such as capsicum can be added or used to replace recipe veggies.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.