Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Homemade Minced Garlic
If you are a lover of garlic and use it as much as I do then you are going to LOVE this recipe and tip. I pretty much add garlic to everything, everyday and it got me thinking, how can I make my life a little bit easier by not having to peel and crush garlic multiple times a day but not resort to the nasty store bought stuff that is watery and full of preservatives…. Sooo I did a little research and tested this DIY minced garlic and all I have to say is WOW!
ᛎ Jump to recipe
This is a game changer, so much so I am going to be trying this with some other variations to make base pastes to use in stir fry’s and salads!
The salt and oil preserve the garlic, just be mindful when cooking with it and the amount of salt you add to the dish.
2 cups garlic cloves
1 tablespoon of salt
Light Olive Oil/Avocado Oil or oil of choice
- Toss peeled garlic with a tablespoon Place garlic in a food processor and pulse until garlic is minced, scrapping down sides every few pulses. Please ensure garlic isn’t over processed so that it is a paste (unless you prefer a paste consistency). You can also roughly chop garlic with a knife until it is the consistency you like.
- Place into a very clean jar leaving 1 inch space and top with enough oil to cover the surface to prevent mould.
- Store in the fridge for a couple of months or freeze into little individual portions (I like to do this in ice cube trays) up to 18 months.
- Always use a clean spoon when using garlic to prevent contamination
- Top up garlic with just enough oil to cover garlic as you use it to prevent mould
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.