Makes approximately 6 burgers Ingredients: 800g chicken thigh filletsjuice of 1 lime1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed1/2 tsp dried oregano1tsp salt2tbsp olive oil Smashed avo: 2 avocados,...
Health Start Salad
ᛎ Jump to recipe
New year new me haha… I really needed some more jazzed up salads and this really hit the spot. I feel with these kinds of salads there are certain steps, stages, elements to them that take a bit of time, so I made sure that this salad made two large bowls and the dressing was enough for both and depending on your level of sauce liking some left over. When putting in this effort for a gorgeous filling salad you definitely want to make some for now and some for later. I served this with grilled chicken thigh fillets which you could easily add.
- 6 cups kale leaves, finely torn/chopped
- 400 grams tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cubed sweet potato (2cm cubes)
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 100 grams persian feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely diced spring onions
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- Pre heat oven at 200C fan forced.
- Place sweet potato on a large lined baking tray and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until cooked.
- Place chickpeas and pepita seeds on a separate lined baking tray, sprinkle with smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix until coated and bake for 15 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine tahini, honey, lemon juice, salt, olive oil and water in a glass jar or small bowl and either shake or whisk until combined. I like to use a jar so I can store the remainder in the fridge.
- Now this recipe makes two large salads so you can make two and dress one with the marinate and keep the other in the fridge for the next couple of days. In two large bowls divide the kale and massage the leaves for a minute to soften the leaves. Divide and top with the sweet potato, chickpeas, pepita seeds, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, avocado, Persian feta and drizzle half the dressing over one salad and keep the remainder in the fridge for when you are ready to have the other salad.
- Store the second bowl of salad and dressing in the fridge covered for up to 5 days.
- Serve with grilled chicken thigh fillets and enjoy.
- Serve with grilled chicken thigh fillets, smoked or grilled salmon.
- Baby spinach leaves can replace kale.
- Roasted cauliflower can replace the sweet potato.
- Dressing can be kept in a jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx Ingredients: Large handful of mushrooms - diced3 celery stalks - diced500g thigh fillets - small cubes1 large carrot - diced3 cloves of garlic - crushed2 tbsp...
This dish is PERFECT for this warm weather season where you don't want to stand at the stove and slave. It is a no cook sauce and I have to say it is one of the most easy yet delicious meatless Monday dishes I have created..Ingredients: 500g pasta, spaghetti (you can...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.