Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Health Start Salad
ᛎ Jump to recipe
New year new me haha… I really needed some more jazzed up salads and this really hit the spot. I feel with these kinds of salads there are certain steps, stages, elements to them that take a bit of time, so I made sure that this salad made two large bowls and the dressing was enough for both and depending on your level of sauce liking some left over. When putting in this effort for a gorgeous filling salad you definitely want to make some for now and some for later. I served this with grilled chicken thigh fillets which you could easily add.
- 6 cups kale leaves, finely torn/chopped
- 400 grams tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cubed sweet potato (2cm cubes)
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 100 grams persian feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely diced spring onions
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- Pre heat oven at 200C fan forced.
- Place sweet potato on a large lined baking tray and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until cooked.
- Place chickpeas and pepita seeds on a separate lined baking tray, sprinkle with smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix until coated and bake for 15 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine tahini, honey, lemon juice, salt, olive oil and water in a glass jar or small bowl and either shake or whisk until combined. I like to use a jar so I can store the remainder in the fridge.
- Now this recipe makes two large salads so you can make two and dress one with the marinate and keep the other in the fridge for the next couple of days. In two large bowls divide the kale and massage the leaves for a minute to soften the leaves. Divide and top with the sweet potato, chickpeas, pepita seeds, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, avocado, Persian feta and drizzle half the dressing over one salad and keep the remainder in the fridge for when you are ready to have the other salad.
- Store the second bowl of salad and dressing in the fridge covered for up to 5 days.
- Serve with grilled chicken thigh fillets and enjoy.
- Serve with grilled chicken thigh fillets, smoked or grilled salmon.
- Baby spinach leaves can replace kale.
- Roasted cauliflower can replace the sweet potato.
- Dressing can be kept in a jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
© Rossano’s Casa 2022
Busy and need instant dinner inspo?
Subscribe to get a free 5-day done-for-you meal plan including a shopping list: