Makes approximately 6 burgers Ingredients: 800g chicken thigh filletsjuice of 1 lime1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed1/2 tsp dried oregano1tsp salt2tbsp olive oil Smashed avo: 2 avocados,...
Garlic Prawn Pasta
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Prawn pasta is one of my favourite kinds of pasta. Like many of my recipes I had a look in my fridge to see what I could whip up quickly and came up with this recipe. It is a fantastic meatless Monday option or on the back end of having way too much meat.
- 300 grams raw prawns, thawed
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves or garlic minced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 500 grams pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Place a large pot of water to boil to which you will salt once boiled while we start on the sauce.
- Place a large sauté pan on medium low heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the celery, onion and cherry tomatoes, stir for a few seconds and place the lid on and allow to cook on low for approximately 8 minutes or until tomatoes have softened.
- Take the lid off and press the tomatoes with the back of a fork being cautious they do not spray you.
- Turn heat up to medium and add garlic, stir for a minute until fragrant.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Add the prawns and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat or until prawns start to change in colour to pink. Season with salt and pepper and add lemon juice.
- Fold in the spinach, parley and thyme with half a ladle of pasta water and stir until spinach has wilted.
- Drain pasta and fold through the prawn sauce.
- Serve with a simple green salad tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with garlic bread and a simply green salad.
- Finely diced red chilli can also be added at the same time as the brown onion or a chilli oil when served.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx Ingredients: Large handful of mushrooms - diced3 celery stalks - diced500g thigh fillets - small cubes1 large carrot - diced3 cloves of garlic - crushed2 tbsp...
This dish is PERFECT for this warm weather season where you don't want to stand at the stove and slave. It is a no cook sauce and I have to say it is one of the most easy yet delicious meatless Monday dishes I have created..Ingredients: 500g pasta, spaghetti (you can...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.