Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Garlic Prawn Pasta
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Prawn pasta is one of my favourite kinds of pasta. Like many of my recipes I had a look in my fridge to see what I could whip up quickly and came up with this recipe. It is a fantastic meatless Monday option or on the back end of having way too much meat.
- 300 grams raw prawns, thawed
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves or garlic minced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 500 grams pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Place a large pot of water to boil to which you will salt once boiled while we start on the sauce.
- Place a large sauté pan on medium low heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the celery, onion and cherry tomatoes, stir for a few seconds and place the lid on and allow to cook on low for approximately 8 minutes or until tomatoes have softened.
- Take the lid off and press the tomatoes with the back of a fork being cautious they do not spray you.
- Turn heat up to medium and add garlic, stir for a minute until fragrant.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Add the prawns and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat or until prawns start to change in colour to pink. Season with salt and pepper and add lemon juice.
- Fold in the spinach, parley and thyme with half a ladle of pasta water and stir until spinach has wilted.
- Drain pasta and fold through the prawn sauce.
- Serve with a simple green salad tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with garlic bread and a simply green salad.
- Finely diced red chilli can also be added at the same time as the brown onion or a chilli oil when served.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
© Rossano’s Casa 2022
Busy and need instant dinner inspo?
Subscribe to get a free 5-day done-for-you meal plan including a shopping list: