Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Dijon Mustard Chicken Drumsticks
ᛎ Jump to recipe
I love a good crumbed chicken drumstick and even more so when it is easy and full of flavour. This beats any take out fried chicken and you won’t feel like crap after you eat it.
- 1 kg chicken drumstick
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 cup milk with 2.5 teaspoons white vinegar)
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons ground onion powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl place buttermilk, mustard, Salt & pepper and whisk to combine. See Tip 1 to make your own buttermilk.
- Place chicken drumsticks in the bowl and evenly coat with the buttermilk mixture. Place covered in the fridge for minimum 4 hours, best overnight.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge 45 minutes prior to crumbing and baking. Pre heat oven at 200C fan forced.
- In a large deep platter, place all crumb mix ingredients and toss until evenly incorporated.
- Take a drumstick out of the buttermilk mixture and allow excess liquid to drip off slightly. Crumb drumstick until evenly coated and place on a lined baking tray.
- With the remaining crum mixture, add 2-3 tabelspoons of olive oil to the mixture and rub in until all the crumb is evenly coated. Spoon any remaining crumb mixture on top of each drumstick and lightly press down. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until crumbs golden and chicken cooked through.
Serve with some roasted potato wedges and a gorgeous garden salad.
Tips & Substitutions:
- To make your own buttermilk, simply combine 1/2 cup whole milk with 2.5 teaspoons of white vinegar and whisk.
- You can use chicken thigh or breast fillets instead of drumsticks.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
© Rossano’s Casa 2022
Busy and need instant dinner inspo?
Subscribe to get a free 5-day done-for-you meal plan including a shopping list: