Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Chocolate Banana Bread
ᛎ Jump to recipe
You guys know how I feel about a banana bread…. Purely because I have weekly ripe bananas. Not sure if that is pre mediated when I buy them every week or just how quickly they turn brown lately? I was literally due to make a loaf of my banana bread when I jumped on IG to do the usual 30 minute rabbit hole scroll and this recipe came up from Diana and I instantly thought to myself “I have to make this.” So I did the very next day and wow it did not disappoint so much so I had to give it a spot on my blog.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas (1 ½ cups mashed)
- 1/4 cup rice bran oil (or any neutral oil)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean essence
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 180C fan forced.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Add the mashed bananas to a large bowl or stand mixer, whisk with the brown sugar and oil until well combined. Add in egg and then the vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients being careful not to over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. And bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out mostly clean. Oven temperatures vary so check at 50 minutes to be safe.
Tips and Substitions:
- For a gluten free option substitute plain flour for plain gluten free flour or rice flour.
- Loaf can be sliced and frozen for up to 3 months.
- Don’t forget to apply a layer of baking paper in between slices prior to freezing to avoid them from freezing together.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.