Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Caramelised Onions with mushroom, spinach & goats cheese
ᛎ Jump to recipe
Bring on meatless Monday dishes any day of the week. Now I am a big fan of veggies and thought I would whip this amazing and easy pasta for you all. It is easy, quick and who does not love this flavour combo? Well if you do then you must make it and report back to me how much you adored it.
- 500 grams orecchiette
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 300 grams sliced white mushrooms
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves.
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed/minced
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 150 grams Goats cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place a large non stick sauce pan on medium low heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook onions with the lid on for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly softened. Bring a seperate pot of water to the boil at the same time.
- Turn the heat down to low, take the lid off and stir through balsamic vinegar with the onions, cook for approximately 7-8 minutes with the lid on.
- Salt boiling water and cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Back to the onions, turn the heat up to medium and stir through garlic for a minute, until fragrant.
- Add mushroom and cook for approximately 5 minutes, tossing every minute or so. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to medium low and stir in spinach, thyme and cook for a couple of minutes. Fold through goats cheese with 1/2 a ladle of pasta water and simmer for a minute.
- Drain pasta and fold into the mix.
Tips and Substitions:
- You could add a protein such as chicken strips to this dish, simply add and grill after you sauté onion.
- Other vegetables that you can add can include, broccoli, capsicum, celery or jarred antipasto.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.