Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Cajun Seasoning Mix
ᛎ Jump to recipe
I am a LOVER of making my own spice and seasoning mixes. The fact that it doesn’t contain any nasties and that you can keep it in a jar is the best. I love using this with raw prawns and grilling them. You can also use this mix with chicken, steak, fish, vegetables…. Ahhh the list is endless.
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion or onion powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Place the lid on and give it a good shake.
- Pairs beautifully with chicken, beef, pork, fish, vegetables.
- I generally add about 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil to approximately 500 grams of protein/vegetables.
- Keep seasoning in an airtight jar/container out of moisture zones and it should last you months.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.