Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx
Ok so this is pretty much a corn fritter recipe but with a bit of a spin, and one day decided to wing this recipe and make them in a pancake pan for the kids and see if they were a hit and surprise surprise they were - YAY. But truth be told I myself smashed more of them than the kids so to me this is an epic crowd pleaser that can be served solo or jazzed up with some poached eggs and smoked salmon. So, enough chatting and here is what you’ll need and how you need to make it.
Still not sure that this is a simple recipe to make? It's that simple that If there was a book called cooking for dummies then this would be in it as the opening page.
- 250g tin corn kernels, drained & rinsed
- 1.5 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup milk - review
- 100g greek or danish feta, roughly crumbled
- Salt and white pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced shallots - optional and not necessary
- 2 eggs
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. NOTE: be careful with the salt you add as feta is quite salty. I myself actually do not add any salt so this is optional.
- Add flour and whisk. Fold through corn, feta, and shallots (optional) until incorporated.
- While slightly resting aside for approx. 10-15minutes, heat a pancake pan or any non stick pan on medium high heat lightly sprayed with cooking oil (rice bran I find best).
- Spoon approx. 1tbsp of mix into pan slightly spaced apart if using a normal pan and flip after approx. 2minutes, you will notice some bubbling when they are due to flip. Cook for a further 1minute on other side.
Makes approx 20 pancakes.
These can be made for both kids and adults.
For kids, these make the BEST lunchbox fillers served with some cut up veggies and ham. For adults, grill up some bacon, eggs, and/or smoked salmon with perhaps some relish and you have a gourmet breakfast.
Also shout out to ALDI AU and their special buys because I snapped up a pancake pan that has creepy AF face moulds in it hahaha but I mean come on the kids love it. Gotta love a Aldi special buy.
If you make this or any of my recipes, I would love to see your creations so please share and tag me over on IG @lovenestgifts