Cool evenings call for a curry... Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef...
500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes
1 tin (114g) masaman curry paste (I love the maesri brand)
400ml coconut cream
4 medium potatoes - peeled and cubed
1 eggpant - cubed
1 spanish onion - sliced
2 cloves of garlic - crushed
200g baby spinach
5 spring onions - finely sliced
1/2 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons crushed peanuts or cashews to serve (optional)
1 - 1.5 cups of boiled rice to serve with
1. Pop a sauté pan on medium heat with some oil. Sauté onions until softened and add garlic. Stir for a minute until fragrant.
2. Stir in curry paste, potatoes, eggplant and coconut cream. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to low and simmer with lid on until potato and eggplant cooked.
3. Pop fish in pan topped with baby spinach, coriander and shallots. Season with S&P and cook for approximately 7-10 minutes or until fish cooked through.
4. Serve with some crushed nuts of choice on top (optional), additional coriander leaves and spring onions with a side of boiled rice.
- Swap the fish for chicken, a slow cut beef like chuck of gravy beef
- Use any fish of choice such as salmon, ling, basa
- Great to have as a dipping sauce, in salads, stir fry’s, noodle dishes etc…