Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx
I stumbled across this original recipe by Donna Hay which can be found HERE and when I saw the combo of cheese I was like now THAT is my kind of zucchini slice. The kids (and when I say the kids I also include the husband lol) they LOVE it.
So here is it and you must make it - stat!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 rashers of bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 450g zucchini (courgette) grated
- 200g fetta, crumbled
- 200g ricotta
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan or pecorino
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- sea salt and cracked black Peppe
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- Pre-heat oven to 180c
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until light golden.
- Place in a bowl with the zucchini, feta, ricotta, parmesan, chives, salt and Peppe and mix to combine.
- Place the eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well to continue. Add to the zucchini mix and mix to combine.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non stick baking paper and smooth with a palette knife.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cut into slices to serve. Serves 8-10.
To Freeze: Cut the zucchini into 8-10 portions and place in air tight containers, separated with non-stick cooking paper. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To Defrost: Place the zucchini slice portion in the fridge overnight and allow to defrost completely before reheating in the oven or serving at room temperature.