Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx
I totally winged this dish using up ingredients I had in my fridge and I have created an EPIC winner. Now, I know a lot of you would be like "ew, frittata" and I swear I put it down to you having a really shit frittata in the past and it has totally turned you off trying them ever again. But if there was a frittata to make a comeback then this is your dish. You'll need...
- 2 cups of silver beet, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 150g hot/pepper smoked salmon, broken up onto chunks
- 3 medium white potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-2cm slices
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of grated pecorino cheese (can also use parmesan) plus extra for topping
- 1/2 Cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Zest of one lemon and 2 tbsp of juice
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Olive oil, S&P
- Take a slightly deep nonstick pan, place on medium heat with approx. 3-4 tbsp of olive oil. Sauté onion and garlic until softened. Add potatoes, turn heat down to medium low and pop a lid on. Cook for approx. 10 minutes or until potatoes have softened.
- Add your silver beet and sauté until softened and slightly reduced in size. You may find putting a lid on may help.
- While your spinach is sautéing, take a small bowl and combine eggs, milk, cheese, lemon zest and juice, ground nutmeg, half the amount of the fresh parsley and thyme, season well with S&P.
- Place your chunks of broken up salmon into your pan (do not stir through) and pour the egg mixture into your pan ensuring it evenly covers the pan. Top with the remainder of the fresh herbs and sprinkle with some extra parmesan cheese. Pop the lid on and cook on medium heat for approx. 7-10 minutes until the mixture has set, it will be slightly soft in the centre.
- Turn your oven grill on high and once the frittata has set place under the grill for a few minutes until golden.
And there you have a beautiful frittata. Serve with a delicious and fresh salad like rocket, fennel and fresh orange.
Hope you love,