Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx
Ok, let's be real - making my own pasta gives me life! PSA: this isn't the OG recipe that the nonnas make BUT it is easy and downright delicious! I make 3kg batches at a time and portion them off in 500ml jar/containers and pop them in the freezer ready to defrost whenever I need.
- 3kg ripe truss tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 large red onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 deseeded long red chilli
- 1 cup of a mix of fresh herbs such as basil, parsley and oregano
- Pre heat the oven and 200 degrees. In a deep baking/roasting tray, place all the ingredients and drizzle a generous amount of olive oil. Cover and bake for approx. 30-45 minutes or until all the vegetables have completely collapsed.
- Allow to cool and blitz with a stick blender or in a food processor.
- Divide up Passata in 500ml portions and freeze.
- If you want plain Pasta just bake the tomatoes with olive oil.
- When using in a dish to deepen the taste add 1-2 tbsp of tomato paste.